Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Eric Olsen Running For Fredericksburg Commonwealth’s Attorney

Mr. Eric Olsen sent me the following last night announcing his run for the vacant Fredericksburg Commonwealth's Attorney position. This special election is expected to be December 16th. Mr. Olsen has had a successful career as the Stafford Assistant CA, and is running to fill the remaining year of the term. Should he win, he will also have to rerun for the election in Nov 2009.

From Mr. Olsen:

I am a career prosecutor who has worked in the Stafford Commonwealth Attorney’s Office for the last 19 years, and I have lived in the city my whole life (James Monroe H.S. ’78 and MWC ’82).

Some of the highlights of my experience and community involvement include:

Professional Accomplishments:

1) In April my fellow prosecutors named me 2008 Virginia’s distinguished assistant Commonwealth Attorney (I was awarded the Warren Von Schuch Distinguished Assistant Award by the Virginia Association of Commonwealth’s Attorneys);
2) I was appointed to Governor Kaine’s 2007 Commission on Sexual Violence to serve on the treatment and intervention subcommittee;
3) I have served as a faculty member at the National College of District Attorneys in Columbia , S.C. , training other prosecutors;
and
4) I am a career prosecutor who has tried hundreds of jury trials, with particular emphasis on crimes against children.

Community Involvement:

1) I was named Big Brother of the year in 1989 by the Rappahannock Area Big/Brother Big Sisters;
2) I am Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Fredericksburg-Stafford Park Authority; and
3) I serve on the Board of Directors of Downtown Greens Community Garden and Rappahannock Area Alcohol Safety Action Program (ASAP)


Eric L. Olsen

No comments:

Stories From Other Blogs