Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring @ Roxbury Farm & Garden

Last weekend I had the fortunate excuse to visit an anchor of Fredericksburg gardening history. Roxbury Farm and Garden Center on Lafayette (map). We had one of four arborvitae die off at the end of last summer in the dry conditions. I wanted to replace this with a similarly sized tree, along with adding some new mulch to the front yard. 20 bags of mulch, one tree, and two flats of pansies later and I was ready to go.


Prices were comparable to other stores and nurseries, the biggest difference was the ample help both inside and out. I would bet their labor to customer ratio is one of the best in the region. And where else can you still purchase seed in bulk. I laughed as an adult walked by shaking a bag like a maraca. A place where it feels like being a kid again. I remember buying things this way as a kid, and was happy to relive some of that experience. I can't wait to go back.




No comments:

Stories From Other Blogs