Tuesday, March 25, 2008

City Zoning ordinance sent back for more work

V for Victory! At least for now. They city council voted to send the proposed zoning ordinance - the I have repeatedly pointed out here as a bad idea - back to the planning commission. From comments around the city council, there were a number of issues, many on different sides, that council had with the overall proposal. One comment I heard several times was why weren't overlay districts pursued further?

So for the time being, I'm taking this off the hot topic list and moving it down in the blog. I'll keep an eye on the results and keep you updated as I hear more. Hopefully we'll move on to parking and other important planning issues.

Hot Topic: City Zoning
Part 3 - Home size/lot coverage zoning - 3/15
Part 2 - City Zoning Update - 2/19 working meeting
Part 1 - Does Out-Of-Scale equal "out of character"

No comments:

Stories From Other Blogs