Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Medicorp ID Theft

WOW, what a huge mistake by our local hospital. They need to have a serious talk with their PR person. This quote was in today's FLS about an lapse allowing personal info out onto the web for all to see. Jina Kaikey is the privacy officer for Medicorp. (from the FLS, see the entire letter here):

"We have been assured by this individual that he did not download, copy,
distribute, save or otherwise utilize the information he accessed," Haikey
wrote.

Oh yes, we can trust this one individual because he said we can trust him. Ok, but what about all the people that aren't telling you the truth. You've got to be kidding me. I'm appalled. I'm so, so, so very glad that when we went to pre-register for the birth of our son, there was a confusion and we registered by phone.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but in my line of work, that's what keeps you safe.

No comments:

Stories From Other Blogs