Saturday, April 12, 2008

Choctail Hour @ Brushstrokes

I'll start off by issuing an appology. The purpose of this Blog was to inform of UPCOMING events in Fredericksburg. I could blame it on wonderful airline service this week, but that meant I had plenty of time in the airports that I could have written this. So to all my loyal readers, I'm sorry for writing this after the fact, like all those other news outlets. I will strive to do better in the future.

Now onto it:
Friday night Gail and I attended the Choctail Hour at Brushstrokes Gallery. It was a benefit for the SPCA. The event was a series of chocolate and wine (and one beer) pairings by chocolatier Mary Schellhammer from Spice Rack Chocolates and sommelier Edwin Wyant of E. Joseph Wines (and VA Wine Experience).

The night began with a Belgian beer paired with cheese (it worked, unlike it sounds), followed by several flavored chocolates from Spice Rack, with a variety of wines, and finished with a desert chocolate paired with one of my favorite VA desert wines, Cooper Vineyards Noche.

Check around town for Spice Rack Chocolates (they are available at VA Wine Experience) for this flavorful french style chocolate.

Both the chocolates and the wine were delicious! What a great evening out on the town.

No comments:

Stories From Other Blogs