Tuesday, August 12, 2008

InTheBurg Blogger for City Council

As widely reported last week, Marv Dixon the Fredericksburg Ward 1 City Council member is leaving council effective Sept 1 to attend to some family needs. I've often exchanged email with council member Dixon on topics covered on InTheBurg. I greatly respect the work he has done while serving on council, and have enjoyed our conversations on city topics.


As many of you know, I've closely followed Fredericksburg City Council topics to report out on what's going on in town. After discussing the commitment with my wonderful wife over the weekend, I've decided to toss my hat into the ring for representing Ward 1.

Bryan Metts For Ward 1! Spread the news!


The nomination process is going to include submitting a resume, written responses to a list of questions, and then an interview. All of these are to be open to the public. I would also point any constituents to this blog, and the contact me box if they have any questions on where I stand on topics.


A neighbor was asking about the wards over the weekend. Here is the map. It's also available on the city website here. The next election for ward members will be 2010. According to this story in the FLS, there were 3,286 registered voters in Ward 1 in the 2006 election.

No comments:

Stories From Other Blogs